How to Keep Your Storage Unit Organized
Packing and organizing your belongings to fit into your Vancouver storage unit requires some planning. Doing things like loading your boxes properly will help prevent damage and ensure that your items will last while in storage. Keeping your storage unit organized will make retrieval of things easier and also prevent boxes from falling or becoming damaged.
Some key tips for keeping your storage unit organized are:
- Choose a storage unit that is the right size for you by taking inventory of your items, and assessing the number of boxes you have before choosing a unit. While you don’t need much space to move around, you do want to be able to get in and out of your storage area without boxes falling on you.
- When stacking boxes, make an aisle so you can easily maneuver through the storage unit. Store your heavier boxes at the bottom and the lighter ones on top. If there are boxes filled with things you will need more frequently, try putting those near the front of your unit.
- Take apart larger pieces of furniture to make more room. Stack flat pieces together. Keep labeled clear bags with furniture hardware in a safe place.
- If possible, use pallets to raise boxes off of the floor area. This will prevent them from any moisture, bugs or possible rodents.
- Make use of shelves if they are available to keep items up off of the floor area.
- Label everything clearly on the side and top of the boxes. When possible, use clear storage bins so that you can see inside. Remember to add moisture absorbers into your boxes if storing things like clothing or bedding.
Using your storage unit wisely will help you find the things you need, when you need them. Contact us at Vancouver Storguard Self-Storage for any questions about availability of a storage unit in Yaletown, Vancouver or Burnaby.