Storage units are used for any number of reasons including making room for a new family member, temporary storage while moving, storing inventory for your small business or simply wanting additional space at home without getting rid of items permanently.
Whatever your needs it is important to consider climate-controlled storage as many items are sensitive to temperature fluctuations and humidity and require climate-controlled storage.
Heated storage in Vancouver is wise as the temperatures can be extremely cold. When considering self-storage in Vancouver, depending on how long and what time of year, heated or climate-controlled storage can be a wise choice.
Items especially sensitive to fluctuations include:
- Wooden furniture needs to be stored in a climate-controlled unit to ensure that the wood does not crack, warp, or rot.
- Leather furniture is sensitive to swings of hot and cold and can mildew and discolor if not stored properly.
- Household Appliances like washers and dryers, ovens, microwaves and refrigerators need to be protected from mold and mildew as well as rust if stored properly.
- Special Collections. Everything from coins, stamps, comics, wines, vinyl records, paintings need to be carefully preserved in an environment that protects against damage.
- Clothing. Clean clothes thoroughly prior to storing, then pack clothes up and put in climate controlled storage to avoid mildew and mold to infiltrate your clothing.
- Electronics. From TVs and computers to recording equipment filling a storage unit with expensive electronics requires climate control in order to reduce the chance of damage to electronics while sitting in storage. Fluctuations in temperature along with humidity will potentially damage electronic equipment.