5 tips for unpacking your Halloween decorations
With Halloween slowly creeping up on us like the mists from beyond, now is the time to retrieve all those spooky decorations from your storage unit. Hopefully this won’t be a scary endeavour because you labelled the boxes when you packed them up the year before. But just to ensure the whole process is as smooth as spider silk, here are 5 tips for unpacking your Halloween decorations.
- Plan. Make a list of all the things you want to take from your storage locker. If you have a master-list showing where items are packed, note all the boxes you’ll need access to.
- Keep it organized. If you move a box--to get at one underneath, for example--remember to put it back when you’re done. Taking time to make sure everything stays organized saves time when you need to come back to store or retrieve more items. It might be a pain now, but you’ll really appreciate it when you return.
- Clear a space. You don’t want to bring a bunch of boxes home and end up piling them on top of stuff. Make sure you have enough room to unpack all your decorations.
- List the order of items you unpack. Have you ever unpacked a box and then haven’t been able to fit it all in again? Arrgh! That is frustrating. Simply list the order of items as they come out of their box (as well as what box they were in). Then just reverse the order when it comes time to pack them up again.
- Store boxes/bags. As soon as you finish unpacking a box or bag of decorations, fold it up and stash it somewhere out-of-the-way. This helps keep the important areas of your home clear and uncluttered.
Have a spook-tacular Halloween!