5 Packing Tips for Long Term Storage
Summer is over and you’ve likely got a lot of stuff you won’t be using until well into next year. What do you do with it? Try to store it in your house? Cram it into your garage? Think of all that space that could otherwise put to good use with items that are important to you right now. There is a quick and easy solution: Move it into long term storage.
Long term storage is the perfect choice for storing seasonal items like clothing, bikes, recreational equipment and furniture. Switching out your summer goods for your winter goods is an excellent way to keep on top of things and stay organized. Here are a few tips to consider when preparing to store your items for the long term.
- Use climate controlled storage units when storing items that are sensitive to moisture. This includes electronics, pictures, art, clothing, furniture and items made from wood, metal, leather or wicker.
- Use sturdy cardboard boxes or plastic bins. Avoid plastic bags unless you can vacuum-pack your items. This step reduces moisture by removing air.
- Wipe, wash, or vacuum items intended for storage. This reduces their attraction to pests.
- Be sure to label your boxes for easy access when you want your items. Create two sets of lists, one to file at home, and one you can leave in your storage units.
- Store your bins or boxes on a tarp, pallet or shelving to keep them away from a damp floor.
Free-up space in your home by putting it into safe and secure self storage. It’s a great way to give yourself a whole lot of breathing room and peace of mind!
Post a Reply